The official ACME client recommended by Let's Encrypt. Certbot is a Python based command line tool with native support for Apache and nginx. Support is provided via the Let's Encrypt community site.
- Official ACME tool recommended by Let's Encrypt
- Optimized for Linux, with built-in deployment options for Apache and nginx
- Support for ~14 DNS APIs for DNS validation
- Only limited support for Windows (no IIS deployment etc, does not produce/store PFX)
- Limited distribution support if not using snap to install
To submit edits to the information listed here, see our github project